The show in Beverungen

The show in Beverungen

Beitragvon Uschi » Mo Nov 22, 2004 1:35 pm

By the time the fan meeting had ended we were too late for getting any food in the restaurant attached to the hall as too many people had ordered before us and they weren't able to serve us in time. Susi (what would I have done without her anyways) told us that we could get Schnitzelbrötchen in the hall, so we went down there and as it took us still some time to hunt a few rolls down the concert was about to start when we had just found our places.

I don't think I'm really qualified to comment on Alias Eye and I'm very sorry about that because the lads did a good job, just my mind went astray; too strong were the impressions of the fan meeting, all the tension built up in the preparation for the meeting, the strain of the journey, all that were still lingering on.

All this fucking work and then I shouldn't be able to enjoy the party? At that moment I could have sworn that this would been my last fan meeting, once and for all.

Then the stage went almost dark, just illuminated by blue light, the tuning in of stations was to be heard, familiar from Network. After a while, that seem to last an eternity, the Saga came on stage and started their healing work. The set list is known so I will stick to some of the many highlights.

As the sound begun to penetrate the fog in my mind, the clouds begun to lift and so did my spirit. By the time Michael Sadler informed us that they would go on to play Worlds Apart I was partying like everyon else. Oh, yes, Worlds Apart... the friggin' thing wit concerts is that you can't play them again and again, just like you can play an album. It was just awsome. I wasn't sure what to expect first, I think I was afraid it could turn out to be Barcley James Harvest like, they sound on stage exaclly the way they sound on their albums, no variations, no interpretations, but how mistaken I was! The solos right down to minute changes, everything was just perfect, and I dearly hope that we'll get a DVD out of this.

Another highlight was Daryl's keyboard solo in a very proper setting on front of the stage with candelabra! I could have listened for hours, and it contained a strong reminder of Generation 13, a heavily underrated album, I may add, as much as Daryl's voice what he proved to us during Scratching The Surface. After this immaculate performance Daryl was joined by Michael Sadler and they set of to sing Bohemian Rapsody, Mama mia.... just recently there was a ceremony broadcasted on British TV honouring musicians from different decades for various things with Queen being united for that evening to entertain the audience. Now I know they got the wrong singer for that job!

After If I Were You both treated us to Believe and Susi (who else!) thoughtfully provided us with sparklers which we lit now. A sight to behold even from my point within the audience.

When the band joined again, the party went on with us singing along on top of our voices, skipping up and down, having the time of our lifes. Being surrounded by a bunch of Scandinavians didn't either help much to dampen my enthusiasm.

Ian's performance was fantastic, from time to time I interrupted my skipping just to see what he was doing, awsome!

Christian, well, drums are the instrument I used to understand the least. For the first time I realized how much drumming can do for a piece of music when I listened to A.C.T's Thomas Lejun, from last Saturday on I add Christian to the list of drummers that taught me something about music appreciation.He too made me stand and stare in awe.

I think it's not wrong to describe Jim as the quiet one. There is so much to see on stage that attention is often drawn away from him. This time I conciously paid more attention and what struck me most is his versatility. He does a lot more than just playing the bass!

All in all it was another night to remember, Saga did what I love them so much for, they played their way right into my heart and made me feel good and having a wonderful time, which is actually symptomatic for Saga.

The evening before the concert my sister had given me a row that I have so little time for her when I come to Germany and that she usually wouldn't go to concerts and that she only would come for my sake.
When we after the concert came back to our hotel room she commented dryly that it had been very enjoyable and the next time she also would bring something to sign :o There you go :bg:

Thanks guys, you rock!
Uschi

Beitragvon Kenny Gus » Mo Nov 22, 2004 2:40 pm

Great,Uschi!!!! :1:
BTW,say hello to your sister...one cozy and noozy woman! :klatsch:
Bild
Kenny Gus

Beitragvon Uschi » Mo Nov 22, 2004 2:44 pm

:lachL I'll do that, a Viking's wish is my command ;) I'm glad that you guys had a save journey, no moose this time? Give also a cuddle to Steve and Mari (spelling?), and tell them thanks for coming!
Uschi

Beitragvon Kenny Gus » Mo Nov 22, 2004 2:48 pm

We had a safe journey...the most insecure part was when Peter was driving,hahaha(kidding)!!!
No moose,just one friggin' Boarder Collie sitting by the side of the road! :eg:
It's Maria(or short Mia)!I'm sure they will pop in here soon..... :D
Bild
Kenny Gus

Beitragvon Uschi » Mo Nov 22, 2004 2:55 pm

Cool! :D

Mia, that was how you introduced her! I want to see her here soon. Where's actually that guy from Stockholm, he hasn't shown his face yet at all :-?
Uschi

Beitragvon Kenny Gus » Mo Nov 22, 2004 3:40 pm

HA!We dropped him off in Helsingborg because he had some job to do in Malmö today! 8)
Don't worry,he'll be here!

Damn,I miss you folks!!!! :cry:
Bild
Kenny Gus

Beitragvon Uschi » Mo Nov 22, 2004 3:50 pm

Yep, me too! Very much, too much to tell someone, it just hurts.
Uschi

Beitragvon Kenny Gus » Mo Nov 22, 2004 4:27 pm

This is the so called "blue monday"! :x
Bild
Kenny Gus

Beitragvon Uschi » Mo Nov 22, 2004 5:39 pm

That's a relief, then it'll be gone by tomorrow ;) :knuddel1:
Uschi

Beitragvon Kenny Gus » Mo Nov 22, 2004 5:59 pm

Or it'll be monday all week!!!! :evil:
Bild
Kenny Gus

Beitragvon Kenny Gus » Mo Nov 22, 2004 6:23 pm

When Daryl and Michael started on Bohemian Rhapsody the Scandinavians almost laughed their asses off!!!!Of all songs they had to choose that one...they did it good but we had that song ruined the night before by Bad News! :lol:
Timing........ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Bild
Kenny Gus

Re: The show in Beverungen

Beitragvon wilkie UK » Mo Nov 22, 2004 7:14 pm

Uschi hat geschrieben:Daryl was joined by Michael Sadler and they set of to sing Bohemian Rapsody, Mama mia.... just recently there was a ceremony broadcasted on British TV honouring musicians from different decades for various things with Queen being united for that evening to entertain the audience. Now I know they got the wrong singer for that job!

BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY?????? 8) 8) 8) 8) That's our unofficial national anthem 8) How much did they sing? :D :o

You're right about the UK Music Hall of Fame, Mr. Sadler should've been there!!! :eg: :eg:
wilkie UK

Beitragvon Uschi » Mo Nov 22, 2004 8:05 pm

Indeed. We switched channels, no magic in there :nixweiss:
Uschi

Beitragvon Lars Bro » Mo Nov 22, 2004 10:05 pm

Hi Uschi :love3: thanks for just being there... it - the entire day/evening - was so much fun and joy and togetherness and I'm lost for words... outside it's been pissing down with rain all day and nonetheless I've been walking on sunshine - and it won't stop :lol: :lol:
I miss you badly though !!

Hi kenny-boy. Det var da en jätte-kewl tur vi hadde, hva'? Hälsa Mia Steve och Peter.
Kommer ni omkring Billund vet ni hvor som ni får bo!! :prost:
You guys are the best friends one can imagine!
Fuck the inn-keeper twice and double!!

ALL you guys and gals made me a very happy man, thank you very much. :bussi:

wilkie UK hat geschrieben:BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY?????? How much did they sing?

Darryl started out with the piano-intro, and Michael looked at him - disbelievingly for a short while - and obviously thought "what the hell, I'll tag along..." - and joined.
We had the first verse or so and then hte y looked at each other and stopped - with big laughs on their faces. No wonder - it was absolutely brilliant, almost better than Freddie ever did it. :hello:

:prost:
LB
Lars Bro

Beitragvon wilkie UK » Mo Nov 22, 2004 10:15 pm

Lars Bro hat geschrieben:Hi Uschi :love3: thanks for just being there... it - the entire day/evening - was so much fun and joy and togetherness and I'm lost for words... outside it's been pissing down with rain all day and nonetheless I've been walking on sunshine - and it won't stop :lol: :lol:
I miss you badly though !!

Hi kenny-boy. Det var da en jätte-kewl tur vi hadde, hva'? Hälsa Mia Steve och Peter.
Kommer ni omkring Billund vet ni hvor som ni får bo!! :prost:
You guys are the best friends one can imagine!
Fuck the inn-keeper twice and double!!

ALL you guys and gals made me a very happy man, thank you very much. :bussi:

wilkie UK hat geschrieben:BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY?????? How much did they sing?

Darryl started out with the piano-intro, and Michael looked at him - disbelievingly for a short while - and obviously thought "what the hell, I'll tag along..." - and joined.
We had the first verse or so and then hte y looked at each other and stopped - with big laughs on their faces. No wonder - it was absolutely brilliant, almost better than Freddie ever did it. :hello:

:prost:
LB
Ah, magic moments 8) 8) I love it when a band break out from the written setlist, and just try something different 8) 8)
wilkie UK

Nächste

Zurück zu Tour 2004