[2004] Sound Samples bei SPV

Beitragvon XWinfield » So Sep 05, 2004 5:58 pm

Uschi :

ich habe verzweifelt versucht ein Kamel einzufangen um dieses zu häuten !! aber die alten Ägypter haben mich erfolgreich daran gehindert.

Danach habe ich beschlossen am Pool zu liegen und mir die Sonne auf den Pelz scheinen zu lassen. dazu muss ich sagen das faulenzen ein Lieblingssport von mir ist :rofl:

nach wie vor brauche ich die genaue Grössenangabe für dein Shirt !!!
XWinfield
Orga Team
Orga Team

Beitragvon locus in flight » Di Sep 07, 2004 8:40 am

Uschi hat geschrieben:Saga gehört bekanntermaßen zum Progressive Rock und der erschließt sich selten beim ersten hören, und ganz bestimmt nicht nach ein paar Samples, die können bestenfalls eine Idee davon vermitteln, wie der Song sein könnte. Aus diesem Grund sind viele Prog Bands dazu übergegangen, ein oder zwei ganze Songs als Samples auf ihren Homepages anzubieten, eher als nur alle Songs mal kurz anzuspielen.

Abgesehen davon wird ja niemand gezwungen, das Album zu kaufen ;)

Liebe uschi,
Progressive ist das was SAGA macht schon lange nicht mehr und die Songs sind auch fast immer nach dem gleichen Schema strophe-refrain-strophe- refrain-solo-bridge-refrain aufgebaut.
locus in flight

Beitragvon Uschi » Di Sep 07, 2004 10:59 am

Es macht nicht viel Sinn, darüber zu streiten, was Progressive Rock ist. Deshalb sage ich es mal anders, ich weiß, daß das Album nicht nach dem hören der Samples beurteilt werden kann.

Der Grund, warum ich so darauf beharre ist, daß sich andere möglicherweise von Deinem Urteil beeinflussen lassen, wenn sie keine gegenteilige Meinung hören. Ich möchte keinesfalls, daß Du den Eindruck bekommst, ich möchte, daß Du das Album kaufst oder gar liebst ;)

Hier mal ein Review von Odd Man Out vom WA, der nicht unkritisch ist und mit dem ich auch nicht so übereinstimme, was aber bloß ein Anzeichen dafür ist, daß das Album mehr zu bieten hat als der erste Anschein vielleicht vermuten läßt:

Okay, boys & girls, I had the distinct pleasure to get my hands on a promo copy of Network. So here's my review, just in case someone is interested....

On The Air - Prepare yourself for one of SAGA's strongest and most powerful tracks ever written!!! At first, I thought "why do they use 4 or 5 different themes in just one track?", but after playing the song 2 or 3 times it quickly transformed into one of my all time SAGA favorites!! Great band effort, very, very sexy bass, playful keyboards, powerfull drumming, stunning vocals (Mr. Sadlers best vocals ever?), interesting changes in pace and mood, and in the up tempo parts Ian plays like he's being chased by the devil himself! Will do absolutely great live!

Keep It Reel - Wow! Talking about great live songs... Saga reborn! Rock & roll with a mixture both Heads Or Tales and Pleasure And The Pain's energy. Ian guitarsound reminds me a lot of Edward Van Halen. Keep It Reel has a very catchy, almost haunting feel to it, combined by some uplifting vocals in the chorus. One of my favorites.

I'm Back - Another song that somehow reminds me of the Heads Or Tales days (a mixture of - say - Cat Walk and The Flyer, a few elements of Worlds Apart, all done in a modern 2004 style). Uncompromised, energetic, catchy chorus. Bass drums are maybe a little bit over the top, but somehow it suits the song.

If I Were you - Only three songs into the album and I am almost out of breath. The first balad gives me a bit of breather. Great timing. Warm and romantic interlude, another stunning chorus. Great piano, shame that the guitarsolo at the end is a little on the short side. Could make it on the American radio ... No kidding!

Outside Looking In - Would have done a little bit better with a more up tempo approach, as far as I'm concerned. But the little organ sounds are funny, interesting perscussion bits, and the chorus is as catchy as ever (seems like it's SAGA's trademark on this album, now even more than ever).

Don't Look Now - Time to shift gears again. While it starts off as a classic piano piece, it's Ian who dominates the songs. I like the big fat breaks in the middle (which - for just a second - remind me of the old Asia sound a bit) & the heavy rock sound feel. And suddenly the piano returns, so just when you think it's safe to turn the volume up again the heavy rock riffs return to finish it off. Great stuff.

Live At Five - Could have been a track form Behaviour. Although I like the guitar licks, I am not too keen of the song in general. What I sort of miss is the looseness or ease of most of the other tunes. It somehow sounds a bit too well constructed. Just a matter of personal taste. I am sure a lot of people will disagree on this one!

Back Where We Started - I am not too keen of the vocal melody & lyrics. Sorry Daryl. The song doesn't interest me much, but hey, you can't have 'em all. The few seconds of moog (?) (played in Rick Wakeman style) are funny and cheerful, though. And I must say, Jim Gilmour's playing and choice of sounds are absolutely beautiful. Beautiful beyond words. More than anything else its the balance between his keyboards and Ian's guitar parts that impresses me a lot on Network, not to froget Mike's vocal melodies. It's SAGA at its best.

Believe - Great piano and Mike singing in a suprisingly low key. It suits the song very well. I also like the way Christian 'enters' the song. Don't ask me why, but I somehow expected some kind of musical 'twist' in the middle, so I think it ends a bit on the safe side, but I still like it a lot.

Don't Make A sound - A crowd pleaser for sure! Epic SAGA tune with a dark & gloomy edge to it, stunning drums (I can see Christian fit a real drum solo in there, while playing live), lots of changes in pace, not completely sure of the mix though (cymbals too dominant?, the high pitched keyboad sound is a bit irritating), but wait a minute..., is that the moog again??? Old school SAGA still kick ass. Who would have guessed.... ;-)

Overall: Both Ian and Mike surprised me a lot (they always do, but this time more than ever)! They've obviously put a lot of effort in trying new things, sounding all fresh and inventive again . Daryl absolutely takes advantage of the bands new direction, playing more creative and using more interesting new sounds then I've heard him do in a long time. Most of all, the balance between keys and guitar is as goods as it gets. Cristian drumming is a great new 'asset' to the bands sound. Giving it a new edge, a strong solid rock & roll base. He plays like he's been playing with SAGA for years. Can somebody tell him he's doing a great job? Of course it's hard to forget Steve's contribution to the mighty SAGA sound, but Christian is the best replacement the band could wish for. A very talented drummer and a great character. And, how could I forget, Jim's bass has never sounded that sexy before....
I like the first half of the album just a little a bit better than the second half, but the new aproach of recording this album as a band (instead of individual musicians) has absolutely payed off! Can't wait to hear these songs live!

I am absolutely sure you all are going to like this one. No, you are going to love it. A lot!

We're not worthy, we're not worthy
Uschi

Beitragvon Albert » Di Sep 07, 2004 1:12 pm

Hi,
also mir gefallen die Samples sehr gut bis jetzt...

Greets
Albert
Albert

Beitragvon AlexanderMünchen » Di Sep 07, 2004 4:19 pm

mir auch sehr gut...besonders "On the air"... :blink:
AlexanderMünchen

Beitragvon Susi » Di Sep 07, 2004 4:41 pm

Alexander, schoen dich an "Board" begruesen zu duerfen ;)
šтуℓє « ιš, ωнαт уσυ [¢яєαтє]. ησт, ωнαт уσυ [¢σρу]
Susi

Beitragvon Chemiepanscher » Mi Sep 08, 2004 10:28 am

Hallo zusammen

Also ich hab mir die Samples nun einige Male angehört und bekomme manche
Melodie kaum noch aus dem Kopf (If i where you, Outside looking in, On the Air)
Mal abwarten wie sich alles in voller Länge anhört, bis jetzt bin ich begeistert.
Christian scheint sich übrigens auch gut einzufügen, bin auf die Konzerte gespannt.

Gruß, Micha :laola:
Chemiepanscher
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon AlexanderMünchen » Mi Sep 08, 2004 2:00 pm

Susi hat geschrieben:Alexander, schoen dich an "Board" begruesen zu duerfen ;)

Danke, Susi ist ja auch Zeit geworden das ich das "login2 auch kapiere !! Ich hab eine ganz tolle review von Heiko Volkert bekommen - er meinte das beste Matrial siet 20 Jahren Juuhhuu...ich bekommen übrigens "On the air " nicht mehr aus meinem Kopf !
AlexanderMünchen

Beitragvon wanschel » Mi Sep 08, 2004 3:55 pm

...ist es nicht bei SAGA immer so gewesen ?

Ich habe jedenfalls ,bei allen Saga Alben, zuerst nie einen richtigen "Zugang" gefunden.
Dann beschäftigt man sich mit der Musik und plötzlich hört man sie : SAGA ! und kann nicht mehr davon lassen.

Schließlich haben wir es hier ja nicht mit einer Bohlen Produktion zu tun, die nur auf möglichst eingängige und flache Musik setzt.

Qualität setzt sich eben immer durch, und das nun seit so vielen Jahren !

Lassen wir uns überraschen....das wird schon ein tolles Ding.
wanschel

Beitragvon Rüdiger » So Sep 12, 2004 12:17 pm

Ich denke mal bei On the Air könnte es sich vielleicht auch um ein Intro handeln wie bei Worlds Apart(Chapter 16),und dann bombastisch zur Sache gehen.Man weiss es eben nicht,und kann deswegen kein Urteil über Sekundensamples abgeben.Ich lass mich jedenfalls überraschen!Mein jetziger Eindruck ist jedenfalls positiv,huch,jetzt hab ich doch glatt auch ein Urteil abgegeben. :D

Gruß Rüdiger
Rüdiger

Beitragvon Carmen » So Sep 12, 2004 12:57 pm

... Ich hab´ mir den Mitschnitt von Susi zuschicken lassen und mein Urteil für On the air..

GENIAL
BELIEVE
GENIAL
D´ont make a sound
SAGA Hammer mäßig

Ich freu´ mich auf den 20.09
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
.....TRUST yourself.....
Carmen
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon Harald » Mo Sep 13, 2004 7:29 am

Ich habe die CD von Susi auch und kann mich der Meinung von Carmen nur uneingeschränkt anschließen :D
Harald
Harald
Orga Team
Orga Team

Beitragvon kuschelhawk » Mo Sep 13, 2004 9:11 am

Harald hat geschrieben:Ich habe die CD von Susi auch und kann mich der Meinung von Carmen nur uneingeschränkt anschließen :D
:o woher habt ihr die nur alle ????? :roll:
Come to me I will give and receive
All I need is for you to believe
Come to me I can help you feel free
Take my hand & understand that I believe
kuschelhawk
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon Laeusel » Mo Sep 13, 2004 9:26 am

kuschelhawk hat geschrieben:
Harald hat geschrieben:Ich habe die CD von Susi auch und kann mich der Meinung von Carmen nur uneingeschränkt anschließen :D
Von Susi?!?!?!

:loool:
Ciao
Laeusel 8-)

"Ich habe nie groß darüber nachgedacht, wie ich sterben werde.
Aber anstelle von jemandem zu sterben, den man liebt, scheint
mir ein guter Weg zu sein, um zu gehen."
Laeusel
Orga + Mod
Orga + Mod

Beitragvon kuschelhawk » Mo Sep 13, 2004 9:30 am

Laeusel hat geschrieben:
kuschelhawk hat geschrieben:
Harald hat geschrieben: Ich habe die CD von Susi auch und kann mich der Meinung von Carmen nur uneingeschränkt anschließen :D
Von Susi?!?!?!
:loool:
.... nur super ... :-?
Come to me I will give and receive
All I need is for you to believe
Come to me I can help you feel free
Take my hand & understand that I believe
kuschelhawk
Contributors
Contributors

VorherigeNächste